Do you know someone who is an outstanding Trenton citizen? The Trenton Civic Commission annually recognizes outstanding Trenton citizens for their contribution to our community. Awards are bestowed at the annual City Awards Banquet. This year’s event will be held at the beautifully restored Chateau on the River, located in Elizabeth Park on Saturday, Jan. 20, 2018.
A variety of award categories are available. The Civic Commission invites residents to nominate people they feel are worthy of such honors.
The award categories and descriptions include:
- Trentonite of the Year: This is an individual who has provided extraordinary leadership and service to the entire Trenton community.
- Good Neighbor of the Year: This is an individual or family who has distinguished themselves through their outstanding contributions to their neighborhood.
- Senior Citizen of the Year: This is an individual, who is at least 60 years of age by Dec. 31, and has served our community and residents with their time and efforts.
- Outstanding Woman: This woman, who is age 60 years or younger on Dec. 31, and has contributed and/or volunteered their time and energy to benefit our community.
- Outstanding Man: This man, who is age 60 years or younger on Dec. 31, has contributed and/or volunteered their time and energy to benefit our community.
- Outstanding Trenton Youth: Under 18 years old, outstanding contributions to our community.
- Charlie Brown: This person has contributed their time and energy to benefit the young athletes of our community.
The deadline for nominations is Dec. 1. To help simplify the nomination process, the commission is publishing a nomination form in this issue of the Trenton Trib. It appears on Page 22-A. For additional information about the Civic Commission or the awards program, contact (734) 675-7300.